ISLAMABAD, December 5, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly on Tuesday adopted three resolutions and took up entire questions appearing on the agenda, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the second sitting of the Assembly’s 46th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and seven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1653 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- A Member of Panel of Chairpersons chaired the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 22 lawmakers (34%) were present at the outset and 17 (26%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of NP, PkMAP and ANP were present during the proceedings.
- Two minority members also attended the sitting.
- Nine members applied for leave.
- The House adopted three resolutions demanding the federal government to ensure uninterrupted supply of gas in Quetta, restoration of railway line from Zhob to Bostan and provision of five percent share from income of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited and Mari Gas Company for development in three districts including Naseerabad, Jafferabad and Sohbatpur.
Representation and Responsiveness
- All seven questions were taken up for answers during the proceedings. In addition, the lawmakers raised four supplementary questions during the Question Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on four Points of Order consuming 10 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 5, 2018: The Provincial Assembly (PA) of Balochistan on Monday unanimously passed a joint resolution urging the government to take counter measures against…
ISLAMABAD, November 1, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three private members’ resolutions on Thursday, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed two government bills amidst opposition’s walkout on Monday, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…