ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn Indian aggression in the region and also appreciated the timely response of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) over violation of its airspace, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceeding during first sitting of the ninth session:
- The House met for an hour and 53 minutes; however, the proceeding remained suspended for 27 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1737 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leader of the House was present for an hour and 14 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 14 MPAs (22%) were present at the outset while 23 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP, BNP-A, MMA, HDP and ANP attended the proceeding.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House unanimously adopted a joint resolution to condemn Indian aggression in the region and appreciated also appreciated the timely response of PAF after violation of its airspace. Fourteen lawmakers spoke on it for an hour and 23 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 1 (Friday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance…
SLAMABAD, March 20,2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a resolution against the slogans raised in the women's March on International Women…
ISLAMABAD, March 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) deferred debate on Annual Development Program and discussed steps for rehabilitation of damaged…