ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan suspended its regular agenda on Monday after adopting a joint resolution to express condolence over the demise of JUI-F lawmaker Haji Gul Muhammad Dummar, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House also offered fateha for the victims of Lahore bomb blast.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of first sitting of Assembly’s 37th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1635 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire proceedings.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Twenty lawmakers (29%) were present at the outset and 29 (43%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JUI-F and ANP were present during the proceedings.
- Three minority members also attended the sitting.
- Tabled by Leader of the Opposition, the House adopted a joint resolution to express condolence over the demise of JUI-F lawmaker, Haji Gul Muhammad Dummar, who had a cardiac arrest on January 26, 2017. Ten lawmakers expressed their sentiments, consuming 36 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly on Tuesday witnessed presentation of two reports by the government departments on verification of doctors’ degrees and issue…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted entire business appearing on Orders of the Day in absence of the Speaker on Saturday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly transacted most of the business appearing on the Orders of the Day on Thursday including adoption of two resolutions, observes…