ISLAMABAD, February 27, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan suspended its regular agenda on Monday after adopting a joint resolution to express condolence over the demise of JUI-F lawmaker Haji Gul Muhammad Dummar, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House also offered fateha for the victims of Lahore bomb blast.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of first sitting of Assembly’s 37th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 45 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1635 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the entire proceedings.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Twenty lawmakers (29%) were present at the outset and 29 (43%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JUI-F and ANP were present during the proceedings.
- Three minority members also attended the sitting.
- Tabled by Leader of the Opposition, the House adopted a joint resolution to express condolence over the demise of JUI-F lawmaker, Haji Gul Muhammad Dummar, who had a cardiac arrest on January 26, 2017. Ten lawmakers expressed their sentiments, consuming 36 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 31, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly adopted two resolutions on Tuesday recommending the government to constitute Provincial Finance Commission and address road safety issues in the…
ISLAMABAD, October 28, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly did not take up its scheduled business due to lack of quorum on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Following are key observations of the…