ISLAMABAD, May 23, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution expressing condolence over the demise of PkMAP lawmaker Abdul Rahim Mandokhail, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of proceedings during the first and only sitting of the Assembly’s requisitioned (41st) session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1625 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- Twenty lawmakers (31%) were present at the outset and 26 (40%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PkMAP and PML were present.
- Two minority members also attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
- Moved by a PkMAP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution expressing grief on the demise of PkMAP lawmaker Abdul Rahim Mandokhail. Twenty-one lawmakers expressed their views about deceased lawmaker for an hour and 58 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmakers belonging to PkMAP spoke on a Point of Order consuming one minute of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly on Thursday adopted a resolution to condemn move against Pakistan in Geneva, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly on Tuesday witnessed presentation of two reports by the government departments on verification of doctors’ degrees and issue…
ISLAMABAD, September 16, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted entire business appearing on Orders of the Day in absence of the Speaker on Saturday, observes…