ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2018: The Balochistan Assembly on Saturday discussed the allocation for Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) made in provincial budget for the ongoing Fiscal Year 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first sitting of the Assembly’s 3rdsession:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 52 minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for 23 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1557 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting in absence of the Speaker.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Provincial Assembly Secretariat has not notified the Leader of the Opposition in the House so far.
- As many as 36 lawmakers (55%) were present at the outset and 22 (34%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, BNP-M, BAP, PkMAP and PTI were present during the proceedings.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Five members applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House discussed the PSDP for the fiscal year 2018-19.Twenty-two lawmakers participated in debate on it and spoke for two hours and 11 minutes.
- The Chair admitted an adjournment motion for debating law and order situation in the province. The debate on the motion sponsored by PkMAP lawmaker will be held in the next sitting.
.Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker spoke on a point of order for two minutes.
- A BNP-M lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1804 hours that was completed after ringing the bells for five minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was not available on the website of the Assembly.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct Observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted two government resolutions concerning the education and infrastructure sectors on Saturday during its single-sitting session,…
68 percent lawmakers contribute to the Assembly Business ISLAMABAD, January 10, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan addressed its entire scheduled agenda during its fifth session that…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its daily fact sheet.…