ISLAMABAD, March 1, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan unanimously adopted two resolutions on Friday to express solidarity with Pakistan Armed Forces and recognize their timely action against Indian aggression, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceeding during last (2nd) sitting of the ninth session:
- The House met for 52 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1615 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leader of the House was absent.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 12 MPAs (18%) were present at the outset while 21 (31%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-M, MMA and HDP attended the proceeding.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by BAP lawmaker, the House unanimously adopted a resolution congratulating Pakistan Armed Forces for successfully defending the country’s territory.
- Moved by another BAP lawmaker, the House also adopted a resolution expressing solidarity with Pakistan Armed Forces and offering unconditional support to the forces. As many as 11 lawmakers debated the resolution for 46 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Chair announced the prorogation of requisitioned (9th) session.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, July 23, 2019: The Senate’s 291st session was prorogued on Tuesday without taking up the motion for discussion on the resolution regarding removal of the…
ISLAMABAD, July 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted five supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, July 21, 2019: Nearly 27.6 percent of the registered voters in seven districts and Frontier Regions (FRs) of the formerly Federally Administered Tribal Areas…