ISLAMABAD, August 7, 2015: The Balochistan Assembly passed the Balochistan Forensic Science Agency Bill 2015 during the first sitting of its 20th session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The sitting started 20 minutes behind the schedule with 30 lawmakers (46%) present at the start and 31 (48%) at the time of adjournment. The House passed the Balochistan Forensic Science Agency Bill 2015, while the Balochistan Social Welfare and Child Protection Bill 2015 was referred to the relevant Standing Committee and will be presented before the House during the third sitting of the session. Seventeen Points of Order (POs) consumed seventy nine minutes of the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the assembly proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for one hour and 47 minute
- The sitting started at 1620 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours
- 30 lawmakers (46%) were present at the start and 31 (48%) at the time of adjournment
- A maximum of 40 (62%) members attended the sitting
- The entire sitting was chaired by the Deputy Speaker
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting while the Leader of Opposition was present for 10 minutes
- The parliamentary leaders of JUI-F and PkMAP were present
- Three minority members attended the sitting
- Five members applied for leave
- The House passed the Balochistan Forensic Science Agency Bill 2015, while the Balochistan Social Welfare and Child Protection Bill 2015 was referred to the relevant Standing Committee and will be presented before the House during the third sitting on August 13, 2015.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Out of five, only one question appearing on the agenda was taken up and responded by the relevant minister while four others were deferred due to non availability of the concerned MPAs.
Order and Institutionalization
- Seventeen Points of Order consumed seventy nine minutes of the sitting
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others
- Information on legislators’ attendance was not available to the observers and public
To download the document, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan witnessed the presentation of Provincial Annual Budget for the Financial Year 2019-2020 and the Supplementary Budget for…
ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the years 2018-19, 2019-20 and delay in National Finance Commission…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of the regular business appearing on `Orders of the Day’ on Friday,…