ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2015: The Balochistan Assembly adopted four resolutions amid low attendance of lawmakers on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The sitting started 55 minutes behind the schedule with 15 lawmakers (23%) present at the start and 24 (37%) at the time of adjournment. The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting, while the Opposition Leader was present for 45 minutes. The House did not consider the Balochistan Children Welfare and Protection Bill 2015.
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for two hours and 20 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1555 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- 15 lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 24 (37%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting
- The Opposition Leader was present for 45 minutes.
- The parliamentary leaders of JUI-F, PML and PkMAP attended the sitting.
- One minority member was present.
- Nine members applied for leave.
- The House adopted four resolutions regarding implementation of minorities’ job quota in government departments, setting up a government inter-girls college in Sanjwani Tehsil, ensuring safe road environment in Quetta and action against construction of buildings in Quetta without NOC.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not consider five starred questions addressed to Health Department due to absence of mover and the relevant minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- Eight points of order consumed 15 minutes of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
To download the document, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2019: The 16th session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued sine die on Friday leaving most of the regular business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of its regular business due to lack of quorum on Tuesday, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills on Saturday but was adjourned due to lack of quorum pointed out by…