ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2012: Meeting only for 40 minutes on Tuesday, the 5th sitting of the 32nd session of the Balochistan Assembly unanimously approved 51 Demands for Grants.
Starting 15 minutes behind schedule, the sitting witnessed 28 Members (43% of the total Membership of 65) at the start and 26 (40%) when it was adjourned.
The parliamentary leaders of the ANP, BNPA, JUI (Ideological), PMLN, JUI, PML and PPPP were present. The Speaker chaired the sitting. The Chief Minister attended the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1515 hours instead of the scheduled starting time of 1500 hours. The proceedings started 15 minutes late.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of the ANP, BNPA, JUI (Ideological), PMLN, JUI, PML and PPPP were present.
- A total of 28 Members (43% of the total Membership of 65) were present at the start while 26 (40%) were there when the sitting was adjourned. A maximum of 28 (43%) were present at one point of the sitting.
- Three minority Members were present.
- Two Members applied for leave to be absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of 51 Demands for Grants were approved by the House.
- There was no other formal agenda on the Orders of the Day.
Order and Institutionalization
- No Points of Order was raised during the sitting.
- There were no instances of protests, boycotts or walkouts.
- Orders of the Day were available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan witnessed the presentation of Provincial Annual Budget for the Financial Year 2019-2020 and the Supplementary Budget for…
ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the years 2018-19, 2019-20 and delay in National Finance Commission…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of the regular business appearing on `Orders of the Day’ on Friday,…