ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2012: The first sitting of the 37th session on Monday elected unopposed the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker of Balochistan Assembly.
The slot of Speaker became vacant on December 26 after the House adopted a no-trust motion against him.
The incumbent Deputy Speaker was elected unopposed Speaker of the House as a BNPA female legislator was also elected unopposed as Deputy Speaker. She is the first woman to become Deputy Speaker of Balochistan Assembly.
The Leader of the House was present whereas the Leader of the Opposition was absent. The parliamentary heads of ANP, BNPA, JUI, PPPP and PMLQ attended the sitting, which met for three hours.
Members’ participation in House proceedings
- The Balochistan Assembly met for three hours.
- The sitting started at 1100 hours and ended at 1400 hours.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, BNPA, JUI, PPPP and PMLQ attended the sitting.
- The election of Speaker and Deputy Speaker took place.
Order and institutionalization
- A break of 90 minutes was observed during the sitting.
- There were no protests, walkouts or boycotts during the session.
- Information on members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD), a Member organization of FAFEN.
ISLAMABAD, June 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan witnessed the presentation of Provincial Annual Budget for the Financial Year 2019-2020 and the Supplementary Budget for…
ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan discussed Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the years 2018-19, 2019-20 and delay in National Finance Commission…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 3, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of the regular business appearing on `Orders of the Day’ on Friday,…