ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Government of Balochistan presented the Budget Statement for year 2017-18 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for 2016-17 in the Provincial Assembly on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 42nd session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hours and 31 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1638 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader attended the entire proceedings.
- Forty-one lawmakers (63%) were present at the outset and 58 (89%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML-N, MWM, JUI-F, PKMAP, ANP, PML and NP were present.
- Three minority members also attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
- The Advisor to Chief Minister on Finance presented the Annual Budget Statement for the year 2017-2018 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for the year 2016-2017 in the House consuming an hour and 24 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Budget Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly witnessed one of its shortest sittings on Thursday when it met for five minutes in…
ISLAMABAD, June 21, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly on Wednesday passed the Balochistan Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 58 demands for grants, reports Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, June 20, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly resumed general discussion on the Provincial budget 2017-18 on Tuesday, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily…