ISLAMABAD, June 7, 2017: Twenty-nine lawmakers participated in the general discussion on provincial annual budget 2017-18 amidst lack of quorum on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of 30thsession:
- The Punjab Assembly met for four hours and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1143 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present for 46 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for two hours and 50 minutes.
- As many as 18 MPAs (4%) were present at the outset and 19 (5%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- JI parliamentary leader attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty-nine lawmakers took part in the debate on annual budget 2017-18, which continued for three hours and 50 minutes. However, the presence of lawmakers remained thin throughout the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2017: The Punjab Assembly did not take up the legislative business appearing on its Orders of the Day on Thursday due to…
Six out of 11 sittings adjourned due to lack of quorum ISLAMABAD, November 2, 2017: The Punjab Assembly left 51% of its scheduled business unaddressed…
ISLAMABAD, October 30, 2017: The Punjab Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning the attack on journalist Ahmad Noorani in Islamabad, observes Free and…