ISLAMABAD, May 22, 2018: The Budget Session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued sine die after the Chief Minister laid the Schedule of Authorized Expenditure 2018-19 and the Supplementary Schedule of Authorized Expenditure 2017-18 before the House, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during eighth (last) sitting of the Assembly’s 52nd session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1711 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Twenty lawmakers (31%) were present at the outset and 24 (37%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PML, ANP and MWM were present.
- None of the minority member attended the sitting.
- One member applied for leave.
- Chief Minister laid the Schedule of Authorized Expenditure 2018-19 and the Supplementary Schedule of Authorized Expenditure 2017-18 before the House.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted two government resolutions concerning the education and infrastructure sectors on Saturday during its single-sitting session,…
68 percent lawmakers contribute to the Assembly Business ISLAMABAD, January 10, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan addressed its entire scheduled agenda during its fifth session that…
ISLAMABAD, December 31, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three resolutions on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its daily fact sheet.…