ISLAMABAD, May 18, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget consuming two hours and 42 minutes of the proceedings on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for three hours and 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1517 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 54 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) attended the sitting for an hour and 32 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for 55 minutes.
- As many as 37 (22%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 39 (23%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PML-N, PPPP, PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eight lawmakers took part in the budget discussion consuming two hours and 42 minutes (82 percent) of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on May 19, 2018 (Saturday) at 1000 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was prorogued on Monday after transacting its scheduled agenda for the day, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned without addressing its scheduled business amidst lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred discussion on water-related problems in Karachi, Hyderabad and Mirpurkhas, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…