ISLAMABAD, June 18, 2019: As many as 24 lawmakers participated in the general discussion on the annual budget 2019-20 in Punjab Assembly, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for three hours and 33 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1622 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 12 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the sitting for an hour and 15 minutes while a Member of the Panel of the Chairpersons chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the proceedings.
- As many as 70 MPAs (19%) were present at the outset and 25 (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PRHP attended the proceedings.
- As many as six out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 24 lawmakers –14 of PML-N, eight of PTI, one each of PPPP and PRHP – took part in the general discussion on the budget 2019-20. The discussion continued for two hours and 54 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 19, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, July 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh addressed its entire agenda appearing on orders of the day, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its…
ISLAMABAD, July 15, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted four resolutions on Monday but was later adjourned due to lack of quorum pointed out…
ISLAMABAD, July 15, 2019: The Punjab Assembly’s eleventh session requisitioned by the Opposition was prorogued sine die on Monday without taking up regular agenda except observing…