ISLAMABAD, June 11, 2019: The Minister of State for Revenue presented a copy of the Finance Bill 2019 in Senate on Tuesday, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the first sitting of 290th session:
- The House met for nine minutes.
- The sitting started at the 1849 hours against the scheduled time of 1800 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for seven minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for six minutes.
- As many as 16 lawmakers (15%) were present at the outset and 55 (53%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PML-N, PTI and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were also present.
- Minister of State for Revenue presented a copy of the Finance Bill, 2019 in the House containing the Annual Budget Statement. He also sought Senate recommendations, if any, to be forwarded to the National Assembly on the Finance Bill 2019.
- The Chairman Senate asked the members of the House to submit their recommendations to the Senate Standing Committee on Finance till June 14 (Friday).
Order and Institutionalization
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1853 hours but it was found complete upon counting.
- The opposition lawmakers protested on floor of the House for two minutes during presentation of a copy of the Finance Bill, 2019.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 14, 2019 (Friday) at 1030 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left its entire agenda unaddressed on Tuesday and adopted two supplementary resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, October 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh left almost its 50 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday and adopted a supplementary resolution to oppose the…
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2019: Low-turnout, peaceful by-election for the provincial constituency seat in Larkana was marked by persisting procedural irregularities and statistically improbable turnout at…