ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, on Saturday, concluded the general discussion on the budget 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during fourth sitting of third session:
- The Assembly met for four hours and 29 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1015 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- As much as 50 members (40%) were present at start and 42 (34%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMA and ANP attended the sitting.
- Only one out of three minority members was present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 15 lawmakers participated in the discussion on budget with the Minister for Finance concluding the discussion. The discussion continued for an hour and 42 minutes while the minister spoke for an hour and 10 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 28, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (PAKP), on Friday, passed two government bills seeking to repeal the Ehtesab Commission and extend…
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed three government bills on Wednesday while PML-N lawmakers protested against the imprisonment of…
ISLAMABAD, December 21, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill amid walkout by the Opposition lawmakers on Friday, observes Free…