- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Friday adopted three resolutions and passed one bill, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 12th (last) sitting of the 26th session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 36 lawmakers (29%) were present at the start and 13 (11%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Only parliamentary leader of PML-N attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House adopted three resolutions to set up Hazara Electric Supply Company, condemn human rights violation in Kashmir and mediatory role of Pakistan to resolve tension between Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
- The House passed the KP Housing Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as seven out of 14 Starred Questions were taken up for answers during the proceedings. In addition, three lawmakers asked four supplementary questions.
- The House took up a Call Attention Notice (CAN) regarding reservations of the land owners about compensation amount being paid to them after acquiring their lands for Dasu Dam.
- Another CAN on the agenda was not taken up by the House which was regarding transfers of teachers at education department in violation of rules.
- The Chair referred a privilege motion of JUI-F lawmaker to the relevant committee which was against the Planning Officer of a Public Library.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order consuming ten minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, May 2, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s (PAKP) sixth session was prorogued on Thursday after passing a government bill and two private member’s resolutions,…
ISLAMABAD, April 29, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed the Local Government (Amendment) Bill as well as the Continuation of Laws in the erstwhile Federally Administered…