ISLAMABAD, April 11, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted two resolutions and passed two bills on Tuesday, observed Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Fifty lawmakers (40%) were present at the start and 45 (36%) at the end of sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 45 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML-N and ANP were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House adopted two resolutions to condemn the attacks in Syria and ensure legislation to stop circulation of blasphemous content on social media.
- The House passed two bills seeking amendments to KP Local Government Act, 2013.
- The House also witnessed introduction of three bills, including the KP Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2017, the KP Societies Registration (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and the Kaghan Development Authority Bill, 2017.
- A government bill – the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Provincial Ombudsman (Amendment) Bill, 2016 was withdrawn by the mover.
Order and Institutionalization
- Only one Point of Order was taken up for 45 minutes regarding the allegations of corruption against Speaker KP Assembly.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly session was prorogued after the House approved 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants on Friday, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 10 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2016-17 on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).…
ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 55 demands for grants, reports Free…