ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly voted on six Demands for Grants (DoG), approving around 104 billion rupees for various government departments, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Tuesday.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the third session:
- The Assembly met for five hours and 8 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1030 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- As many as 62 members (50%) were present at start and 40 (32%) at end of the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for three hours and 10 minutes.
- The parliamentary leader of PMLN, ANP, PPP and MMA were present during the proceedings.
- One out of three minority members attended the sitting.
- The House approved six Demands for Grants which had sought a sum of PKR 104,071,484,400 for the Departments of Excise & Taxation, Home & Tribal Affairs, Jails, Police, Administration of Justice, and Health.
- As many as 80 cut motions were submitted against these demands. The lawmakers withdrew 53 of these motions after discussion while 21 were not taken up. The remaining motions lapsed due to absence of the concerned lawmakers.
- The House deferred the demand of grant for the department of Higher Education, Archives and Libraries for the next sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Wednesday, October 23, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 28, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (PAKP), on Friday, passed two government bills seeking to repeal the Ehtesab Commission and extend…
ISLAMABAD, December 26, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed three government bills on Wednesday while PML-N lawmakers protested against the imprisonment of…
ISLAMABAD, December 21, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill amid walkout by the Opposition lawmakers on Friday, observes Free…