ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Monday began voting on Demands for Grants (DoG) and approved six DoGs of around 9.2 billion PKR on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the third session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1032 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- As many as 52 members (42%) were present at start and 56 (45%) at end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of MMA was present during the proceedings.
- All three minority members attended the sitting.
- The House approved six Demands for Grants which had sought a sum of PKR 9,238,855,000 for the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and the Departments of General Administration, Finance and Local Fund Audit, Planning, Development and Statistics, Information Technology, and Revenue and Estates.
- As many as 64 cut motions were submitted against these demands. The House voted down three of these Cut Motions, moved by ANP and MMMA lawmakers, with 46 votes against these motions and 20 in favour of them. As many as 39 of these Cut Motions were withdrawn by the movers while remaining lapsed due to the absence of concerned lawmakers.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted five supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) witnessed introduction of three government bills on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, July 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted nine resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…