ISLAMABAD, May 19, 2017: Starting 28 minutes behind the schedule, the 12th sitting of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free and Fair Election Network on Friday.
Following are some key observations of 12th sitting of Assembly’s 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 46 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1528 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Twenty lawmakers (16%) were present at the start and 24 (19%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were not present.
- None of the Parliamentary leader was present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House did not consider the KP Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- The House adopted a report of the Special Committee on a Joint Call Attention Notice (CAN).
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven Starred Questions for answers during the proceedings. The lawmakers also asked four supplementary questions.
- The House did not take up two CANs included in the List of Business.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1610 hours which was found lacking on headcount. The bells were rung for two minutes; however, the quorum did not complete at recount that led to the adjournment of the sitting till Monday.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn violence against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, says Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly held the first reading of the two government bills on Tuesday including the KP Control of Narcotic…
ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly session was prorogued after the House approved 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants on Friday, says Free…