ISLAMABAD, June 10, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly opened debate on the Provincial Budget 2017-18 with the speech of Leader of the Opposition on Saturday, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of 25th session:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for three hours and 11 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1409 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Thirty-eight members (31%) were present at the start and 4 (32%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for two hours and 10 minutes while the Opposition Leader and Finance Minister were present in entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, ANP, PML-N and QWP attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- Four members applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of the Opposition opened the Budget debate and spoke for 70 minutes.
- Six other lawmakers spoke on provincial budget for an hour and 50 minutes.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was adjourned 13 minutes after the commencement of proceedings due to lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday passed three bills amid low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network…