ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly did not take up any agenda item on Monday during third sitting of its 16th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Newly elected MPA Aizaz-ul-Mulk took oath of the membership of the House.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1520 hours against its scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- 41 MPAs (33%) were present at outset and 39 (31%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, JUI-F, JI and PML-N were present.
- Three minority members were present.
Order and Institutionalization
- Ten lawmakers spoke on floor of the House to offer gratitude to the deceased lawmaker Arbab Akbar Hayat of PML-N for his parliamentary career.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted five supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) witnessed introduction of three government bills on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, July 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted nine resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…