ISLAMABAD, October 20, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was adjourned 13 minutes after the commencement of proceedings due to lack of quorum on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during ninth sitting of 26th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1530 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 17 lawmakers (14%) were present at the start and 16 (13%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House did not take up the legislative business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House referred a Privilege Motion to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming five minutes of the proceedings.
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1541 hours that led to the adjournment of the sitting.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, July 15, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted four resolutions on Monday but was later adjourned due to lack of quorum pointed out…
ISLAMABAD, July 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) did not take up its legislative business and five private members’ resolutions appearing on…
ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 44 Supplementary Demands for Grants for the financial year 2018-19 amid walk out by the opposition…