ISLAMABAD, December 12, 2017: The Tuesday’s sitting of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly concluded within six minutes of the commencement due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during fifth sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1529 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the proceedings while the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 16 MPAs (13%) were present at outset and 23 (18%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP-S, JI and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up any of the agenda items.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not hold the Question Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker belonging to PPPP pointed out the quorum at 1532 hours that led to adjournment of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, September 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills amidst opposition’s protest and adopted six supplementary resolutions after…
ISLAMABAD, August 30, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed an amendment to the KP Judicial Academy Act, 2012 on Friday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, August 29, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted two resolutions and witnessed introduction of three government bills on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…