ISLAMABAD, March 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed the KP Energy Development Organization (Amendment) Bill, 2019 on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 58 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1440 hours against the scheduled time of 1330 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire proceedings.
- As many as 50 (40%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 41(33%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML-N and PML attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Minister for Revenue and Estate introduced the KP Stamp (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- Moved by the Minister for Finance on behalf of Chief Minister, the House passed the KP Energy Development Organization (Amendment) Bill, 2019. The bill was earlier introduced in the House on March 19, 2019.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House debated posting, transfers and appointment issues of government employees and seven lawmakers – PTI & MMAP (two each), PML-N, ANP & PPPP (one each) – participated in the discussion that continued for 58 minutes.
- The House deferred debates on the issue of delay in the announcement of National Finance Commission (NFC) Award, non-payment of Net Hydel Profit (NHP) and law and order situation in the Province.
- The Minister for Finance responded to two Call Attention Notices (CANs) about reconstruction of Swat jail and non-provision of fund under Tobacco Development Cess (TDC) to the tobacco producing districts. These CANs were raised by lawmakers belonging to ANP and PML-N respectively.
- The Minister for Health responded to a supplementary CAN regarding provision of funds to Kidney Centers in Peshawar. It was sponsored by an MMAP lawmaker.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order consuming six minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 28, 2019 (Thursday) at 1330 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan transacted entire business appearing on agenda and passed two government bills and a joint resolution on Monday,…
ISLAMABAD, November 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire legislative business on Monday and adopted five resolutions for extension of as many Ordinances, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh transacted most of its business appearing on its Orders of the Day, observes Free and Fair Election…