ISLAMABAD, May 16, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly passed two government bills and adopted as many Private Members’ resolutions on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding during 11th sitting of 24th Session:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for two hours and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1517 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Speaker, the Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were not present.
- Eighteen lawmakers (15%) were present at the outset while 17 (14%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- The House passed the KP Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and KP Food Safety Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- The House adopted two resolutions recommending to the federal government through the provincial government to start PIA flights from Peshawar to Lahore on daily basis and ensuring compliance with the flights schedule.
- The Standing Committee on Higher Education, Archives and Libraries Department presented its report which was adopted by the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twelve out of 15 starred questions appearing on agenda were taken up and responded to by the relevant ministers. In addition, the legislators raised nine supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Call Attention Notices about closing certain primary schools in the province and poor drainage system in a Degree College at Charsada.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers did not raise any point of order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly session was prorogued after the House approved 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants on Friday, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 10 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2016-17 on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).…
ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 55 demands for grants, reports Free…