ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly’s session was prorogued on Monday after meeting for only six minutes amidst to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during second and last sitting of the 28th session:
- The KP Assembly met for six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1508 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker’s post is lying vacant after the election of former Deputy Speaker as Senator on March 12, 2018.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as six MPAs (5%) were present at outset and nine (7%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of QWP attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House did not take up any business on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1514 hours which led to the adjournment of sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly discussed the share of province in Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the financial year 2018-19,…
ISLAMABAD, April 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed the Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2019 and was later adjourned due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2019: The sitting of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned amid lack of quorum and opposition’s walkout from the proceedings, observes Free…