ISLAMABAD, March 28, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly transacted its entire business appearing on the ‘Orders of the Day’ during sixth sitting of its ongoing 16th session on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet. The House also offered prayers for the victims of Lahore blast.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and two minutes.
- The sitting started at 1523 hours against its scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- 40 MPAs (32%) were present at outset and 52 (42%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, PPPP, PML-N, JI and ANP were present.
- Two minority members were present.
- Ten members applied for leave.
- The Minister for Finance introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Civil Servants Retirement Benefits and Death Compensation (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
- Three reports of standing committee were presented before the House including the committee on Higher Education, Revenue and Agriculture, Livestock and Cooperation after the approval of motions moved by respective Chairmen of the committees for granting extension in their presentation time under Rule 185 of the provincial assembly.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of 14 starred questions appearing on the agenda while six questions were dropped due to absence of movers. The lawmakers asked nine supplementary questions as well.
- The government replied to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding posting of teachers from various schools in the province. Another CAN regarding Local Government was not taken up due to absence of its mover.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, July 22, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted five supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, July 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) witnessed introduction of three government bills on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, July 18, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted nine resolutions on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…