ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up the resolution on Friday seeking extension of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) Ordinance, 2019 for a further period of 120 days, observes Free and Fair Election (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of the ninth session:
- The House met for an hour and 52 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1057 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker, in the absence of the Speaker, presided over the entire sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 42 lawmakers (12%) were present at the outset and 87 (25%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of GDA, PPPP, PML-N, BAP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Five out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider the resolution to extend the PMDC Ordinance, 2019 for a further period of 120 days with effect from May 5, 2019.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Parliamentary Secretary for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination responded to a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding non-release of funds for the establishment of Neurosciences Centre at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Hospital, Islamabad.
- The Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to another CAN related to the steps taken for the release of thousands of Pakistanis languishing in jails abroad.
- The House did not take up Motion under Rule 259 and Motion of Thanks to the President for his address to the Parliament.
- The House took up six out of 31 Starred Questions, while the lawmakers asked 17 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on April 29, 2019 (Monday) at 1600 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 10, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed three government bills amid low attendance of the lawmakers in the House on Saturday,…
ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh was adjourned early on Friday without addressing its regular business due to protest of the opposition parties, says Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up most of its agenda on Friday and consumed major part of the proceedings…