ISLAMABAD, March 16, 2016: The National Assembly addressed its entire agenda except a motion under Rule 154(7) on Wednesday during third sitting of 30th session of the National Assembly, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for three hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 11 minutes.
- Seven Federal Ministers were present.
- 21 MNAs (6%) were present at outset and 46 (13%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, ANP, JI, QWP-S and AMLP were present.
- Ten minority members were present.
- Minister for Climate Change & Human Rights laid before the House the Annual Report of the National Commission on the Status of Women for the year 2014.
- The House unanimously passed the Futures Market Bill, 2016 and the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (Amendment) Bill, 2015.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Law & Justice presented the Periodical Report of the committee.
- The House deferred the motion under Rule 154(7) about referring the Pakistan International Airlines Corporation (Conversion) Bill, 2016 to the Senate.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government orally replied to 11 out of 35 starred questions appearing on the agenda. The lawmakers asked 26 supplementary questions as well.
- The government responded to two Calling Attention Notices regarding delay in the commencement of work on Khanewal-Lodhran Express Way and imposing fine on Pakistani families having Malaysian citizenship.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 25 points of order consuming 56 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 9, 2019: The National Assembly did not take up most of its agenda on Friday and consumed major part of the proceedings…
ISLAMABAD, August 8, 2019: The National Assembly was adjourned early on Thursday without addressing its regular business due to protest by the opposition parties against the…
ISLAMABAD, August 7, 2019: The Parliament of Pakistan unanimously adopted a resolution on Wednesday condemning the Indian move to change the special status of Indian Held Kashmir (IHK)…