ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2019: The National Assembly skipped its regular business on Tuesday to discuss the Indian violation of Pakistani airspace, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fifth sitting of the eighth session:
- The House met for four hours and 55 minutes.
- The proceedings started at 1150 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 46 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceedings.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 59 lawmakers (17%) were present at the outset and 24 (7%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of GDA, MMA, BAP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- As many as five out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up its scheduled business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 42 lawmakers participated in the discussion on Indian violation of Pakistani airspace on Tuesday morning and called for convening Joint Session of the Parliament on this issue. The discussion continued for four hours and 33 minutes.
- The Speaker, in his observation, condemned the Indian war-hysteria appealed to the international community to take notice of Indian aggression.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on February 27, 2019 (Wednesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance…
SLAMABAD, March 20,2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a resolution against the slogans raised in the women's March on International Women…
ISLAMABAD, March 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) deferred debate on Annual Development Program and discussed steps for rehabilitation of damaged…