ISLAMABAD, May 21, 2018: The Sindh Assembly continued general discussion on the Provincial Budget and the Leader of the Opposition took part in debate for three hours consuming 53 percent of the proceedings’ time, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during ninth sitting of the 40th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for five hours and 41 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1250 hours against the scheduled time of 1200 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for four hours and 30 minutes while the rest of the proceedings were chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) was present for five hours and 13 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for five hours and 26 minutes.
- As many as 45 (27%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 81 (49%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQM, PML-N, PPPP PTI and PML-F attended the sitting.
- Eight minority lawmakers were also present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of the Opposition took part in debate for three hours consuming 53 percent of the proceedings’ time.
- Six other lawmakers took part in the budget discussion consuming two hours and one minute of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker protested on floor of the House for five minutes during the speech of the Leader of the Opposition.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on May 22, 2018 (Tuesday) at 1100 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh deferred debate on an adjournment motion about rolling back of the 18th Constitutional Amendment by the federal government,…
ISLAMABAD, March 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh didn’t take up most of the Private Members’ Business on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, March 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh adopted a resolution on Monday to mark the completion of its 80 years of existence, observes Free…