Question Hour not observed due to absence of mover
ISLAMABAD, January 6, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly did not observe Question Hour due to absence of mover while Points of Order consumed 60% of the proceedings time, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
Following are key observations of the first proceedings of 36th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1612 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister also attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifteen lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 25 (38%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-N, PML and MWM were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Eighteen members applied for leave.
- Annual report of Balochistan Public Service Commission for the year 2015 was presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House passed a motion to fill vacant posts in three Standing Committees.
- The House did not observe Question Hour. All five Starred Questions were deferred on the request of the mover who didn’t attend the sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 Points of Order, consuming 57 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 10, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed three government bills amid low attendance of the lawmakers in the House on Saturday,…
ISLAMABAD, August 8, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan adopted three Private Members’ resolution on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily…
ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2019 The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan addressed its entire agenda on Monday and unanimously adopted a resolution to condemn elimination of special status…