Question Hour not observed due to absence of mover
ISLAMABAD, January 6, 2017: The Balochistan Assembly did not observe Question Hour due to absence of mover while Points of Order consumed 60% of the proceedings time, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
Following are key observations of the first proceedings of 36th session:
- The Balochistan Assembly met for an hour and 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1612 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister also attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifteen lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 25 (38%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-N, PML and MWM were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Eighteen members applied for leave.
- Annual report of Balochistan Public Service Commission for the year 2015 was presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House passed a motion to fill vacant posts in three Standing Committees.
- The House did not observe Question Hour. All five Starred Questions were deferred on the request of the mover who didn’t attend the sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 13 Points of Order, consuming 57 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Attendance of Members was not made public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Balochistan Assembly proceedings conducted by Center for Peace and Development (CPD) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan was prorogued sine die after approval of the Finance Bill, 2019-20 and 105 Demands for Grants,…
ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: The Balochistan Assembly continued debate on Provincial Annual Budget for Financial Year 2019-20 which consumed 98 percent of proceedings on Tuesday, observes…