ISLAMABAD, June 1, 2016: The President of Pakistan addressed both Houses of the Parliament assembled together in Joint Sitting on beginning of the fourth parliamentary year on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The Presidential Address continued for 41 minutes after which the Joint Sitting was prorogued.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Parliament met for 51 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1108 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Chairman of the Senate was also present.
- The Prime Minister was not present while the Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the House in the Senate attended the entire sitting while the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate was present for 46 minutes.
- 225 Parliamentarians (50%) were present at the outset and 262 (59%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Seventeen Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 25, 2019: Minister of State for Revenue concluded debate on the federal budget 2019-20 in National Assembly on Tuesday amid low attendance of…
ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The National Assembly continued general discussion on federal budget 2019-20 on Monday and 43 lawmakers participated in debate on it, says…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, June 24, 2019: The Senate passed a motion to adopt recommendations on the Finance Bill, 2019 containing the Annual Budget Statement as reported by…