- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, July 31, 2017: The Sindh Assembly unanimously passed the Sindh Differently Able Persons (Employment, Rehabilitation and Welfare) (Amendment) Bill, 2017 on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the last (6th) sitting of the 35th session:
- The Sindh Assembly met for an hour and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1140 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Thirty-one (19%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 52 (32%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MQM, PML-F and PTI attended the sitting.
- Six minority members were also present.
- Three members applied for leave.
- Introduced by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House unanimously passed the Sindh Differently Able Persons (Employment, Rehabilitation and Welfare) (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five starred questions during the proceedings. The lawmakers asked 16 supplementary questions as well.
- The House took up five Calling Attention Notices (CAN) on various issues related to governance while one CAN was deferred due to absence of the minister.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on seven Points of Order consumed 15 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation, a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2017: The Sindh Assembly passed the Sindh Occupational Safety and Health Bill, 2017 on Friday and took up five Calling Attention Notices (CANs)…
ISLAMABAD, November 14, 2017: The Sindh Assembly on Tuesday adopted three Private Members’ resolutions and witnessed the introduction of prohibition of Gutka and Mainpuri bill, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 13, 2017: The Sindh Assembly adopted a PPPP lawmaker’s resolution recommending the government to lift ban on student unions, Observes Free and Fair Election…