ISLAMABAD, June 12, 2017: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab approved 43 Demands for Grants for the year 2017-18 and rejected six Cut Motions of the opposition lawmakers on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of 30th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for two hours and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1149 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 27 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition remained present in the House for 55 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the entire sitting.
- Fifty MPAs (13%) were present at the outset and 130 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of JI attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
- The House approved 43 Demands for Grants for the year 2017-18 and rejected six Cut Motions moved by the opposition lawmakers. Eight lawmakers were allowed to speak on the Cut Motions on the subjects of education and health. The debate took an hour and 51 minutes and was concluded by the relevant ministers.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House deferred two Adjournment Motions moved by the PTI lawmakers.
Order and Institutionalization
- The entire opposition staged a protest against the Prime Minister and the Chief Minister of Punjab over the allegations of corruption. The protest continued for 26 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…