ISLAMABAD, March 30, 2016: The Punjab Assembly adopted a resolution on Wednesday to condemn deadly attack at Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park claiming many precious lives, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The entire agenda on the list of business was suspended to discuss terrorist attack in Lahore on March 27. Twenty-two lawmakers – PTI (11), PML-N (7), PPPP (3) and JI (one) – spoke about it for 101 minutes.
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for two hours and six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1532 hours against the scheduled time 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- Leader of the Opposition was present for 45 minutes.
- 16 MPAs (4%) were present at outset and 37 (10%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JI and PML-Z attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present.
- Tabled by Provincial Minister for Law, the House adopted a resolution to condemn deadly attack at Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park.
- The House did not consider six resolutions on the agenda to extend as many Ordinances which included the Punjab Vigilance Committees Ordinance 2016; the Fatima Jinnah Medical University Lahore (Amendment) Ordinance 2015; the Punjab Prohibition of Child Labour at Brick Kilns Ordinance 2016; the Punjab Marriage Functions Ordinance 2015; the Punjab Economic Research Institute (Amendment) Ordinance 2016 and the Punjab Forest (Amendment) Ordinance 2016.
- The Punjab Civilian Victims of Terrorism (Relief and Rehabilitation) Ordinance 2016 was not laid while pre-budget discussion could not be started due to debate on terrorist attack in Lahore.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…