ISLAMABAD, March 15, 2018: The Punjab Assembly adopted a resolution on Thursday condemning the suicide attack in Raiwind, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 27th sitting of the 34th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for an hour and 18 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1151 hours against the scheduled time 1000 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 57 minutes.
- As many as 34 MPAs (9%) were present at outset and 27 (7%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders was present during the proceedings.
- As many as five minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up the Explosive Substances (Punjab Amendment) Bill 2018.
- The House adopted a supplementary resolution condemning the terrorist attack in Raiwind, Lahore.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as two one out of 15 Starred Questions were answered during the proceedings while remaining 13 questions were deferred on request of the government. The lawmakers asked five supplementary questions as well.
- The Provincial Minister for Law responded to two Call Attention Notices (CAN).
- The House deferred two Adjournment Motions of PTI lawmakers on the request of the government.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers raised 24 Point of Order consuming 30 minutes of the proceedings.
- A PTI lawmaker identified quorum at 1304 hours led to the adjournment of the sitting after ringing the bells for five minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, March 16, 2018 at 0900 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, March 14, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab passed the Punjab Aab-e-Pak Authority Bill, 2019 on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, March 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab passed two bills and discussed an Adjournment Motion regarding security system in public educational institutes…
ISLAMABAD, March 12, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab adopted four private members’ resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…