ISLAMABAD, July 31, 2013: Twenty-one members debated the bill on the new local government system during the fourth sitting of the Punjab Assembly’s third session on Wednesday.
The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting that lasted two hours and 53 minutes. The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting. All routine business of the assembly was suspended as per the recommendation of the Advisory Committee.
A total of 60 members (17%) were present at the beginning, 25 (7%) at the end and a maximum 105 (30%) at a point during the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Punjab Assembly met for two hours and 53 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1115 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1000 hours witnessing a delay of an hour and 15 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the sitting.
- A total of 60 members (17%) were present at the beginning, 25 (7%) at the end and a maximum 105 (30%) at a point during the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were not present.
- Three minority Members were present.
- None of the Members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twenty one MPAs debated the bill on the new local government system.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on three Points of Order consuming two minutes of the proceedings.
- Members’ attendance was documented.
- Information on Members’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN, a member organization of FAFEN
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…