ISLAMABAD, June 9, 2017: The Punjab Assembly began the consideration of the Demands for Grants 2017-18 on Friday and discussed the grant worth Rs 40.7 billion demanded for education sector, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during sixth sitting of 30th session:
- The Punjab Assembly met for an hour and 44 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1046 hours against the scheduled time 0900 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for 26 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 53 minutes.
- The Finance Minister attended the sitting for an hour and 42 minutes.
- As many as 73 MPAs (19%) were present at outset and 96 (25%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the sitting.
- Five minority members were present.
- The House took up the Demand for Grant No. PC 21015 worth Rs. 40,749,663,000 for education sector. Two PTI lawmakers spoke on a cut motion for this grant. The discussion consumed 55 minutes.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Finance Minister concluded the general discussion on the budget 2017-18 and spoke for 25 minutes.
- The House deferred an Adjournment Motion of a PTI lawmaker.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers did not raise any point of order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, October 11, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab’s 15th session was prorogued on Friday without taking up scheduled discussions on Kashmir issue, inflation and security situation, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…