ISLAMABAD, June 26, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab passed the Finance Bill, 2019 and adopted four resolutions for 90 days extension to four ordinances, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Wednesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during tenth sitting of the 10th session:
- The House met for 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1614 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the House attended the proceedings for 15 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- The Finance Minister attended the proceedings for 21 minutes.
- As many as 70 MPAs (19%) were present at the outset and 151 (41%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of PRHP attended the proceedings.
- Five out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the Minister for Finance, the House passed the Punjab Finance Bill, 2019 while he also laid the Schedule of Authorized Expenditure for the Year 2019-2020.
- Moved by the Minister for Law, the House passed four resolutions for granting extension for further 90 days to the Provincial Employees’ Social Security (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019, the Punjab Zakat and Ushr (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019, the Punjab Khal Panchayat Ordinance, 2019 and the Punjab Land Revenue (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019.
- The Minister for Law introduced the Punjab Water Bill, 2019 and the Punjab Sentencing Bill, 2019. Both bills were referred to concerned standing committees.
- The House did not take up the Punjab Alternate Dispute Resolution Bill 2019 on request of the Minister for Law.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 27, 2019 (Thursday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…