ISLAMABAD, March 01, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Punjab was adjourned on Friday without holding a scheduled discussion on the performance report of the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during eighth sitting of the seventh session:
- The House met for an hour and three minutes.
- The sitting started at 1123 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 55 MPAs (15%) were present at the outset and 70 (19%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- As many as five out of eight minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The Standing Committee on Industries and Commerce presented its report on the Mir Chakar Khan Rind University of Technology Dera Ghazi Khan Bill 2019.
- The House did not hold the scheduled Discussion on Annual Report of the Punjab Public Service Commission for the year 2011.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Minister for Industries, Commerce and Investment responded to two out of four Starred Questions appearing on the agenda while remaining two questions were deferred on the mover’s request. The lawmakers asked six supplementary questions as well.
- The Minister for Health responded to an Adjournment Motion (AM) regarding the death of a woman due to alleged negligence of staff at Tehsil Headquarter Hospital Murree. The AM was raised by a lawmaker belonging to PTI.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as 10 lawmakers spoke on Point of Orders for 13 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 04, 2019 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on Punjab Assembly’s website.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Punjab Assembly proceedings conducted by PATTAN Development Organization – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, March 21, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh met for only one minute on Thursday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to less attendance…
SLAMABAD, March 20,2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) unanimously adopted a resolution against the slogans raised in the women's March on International Women…
ISLAMABAD, March 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) deferred debate on Annual Development Program and discussed steps for rehabilitation of damaged…