ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2018: The National Assembly did not take up its scheduled business on Friday and discussed the issues concerning accountability and economy, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during first and only sitting of the fifth session:
- The National Assembly met for six hours and nine minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for two hours and seven minutes due to break.
- The sitting started at 1038 hours instead of the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for three hours and eight minutes.
- As many as 73 (21%) were present at the outset and 97 (28%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, BAP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- As many as five out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up regular business appearing on the agenda.
- Moved by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House adopted a resolution commemorating the Eid Milad-u-Nabi.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not hold Question Hour.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as 27 lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming three hours and 37 minutes of the proceedings.
- The session was prorogued sine die.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2019: The National Assembly (NA) on Friday could not complete its one-point agenda due to the protests by lawmakers that prevented the Leader…
ISLAMABAD, June 11, 2019: The Minister of State for Revenue presented the federal budget for the year 2019-20 in the National Assembly on Tuesday amid…
ISLAMABAD, June 10, 2019: The National Assembly did not transact most of its regular agenda on Monday while Opposition parties protested against the arrest of PPPP…