ISLAMABAD, June 07, 2017: The Provincial Finance Minister presented the budget for the financial year 2017-18 with an outlay of Rs 603 billion in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 25th session:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for two hours and 19 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1423 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Eighty-two members (66%) were present at the start and 90 (73%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of all parties attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- The Finance Minister presented the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill 2017 along with the Annual Budget Statement for the fiscal year 2017-2018 and the Supplementary Budget Statement for the year 2016-2017. The total volume of the Budget 2017-18 is rupees 603 billion.
Order and Institutionalization
- The PML-N lawmakers staged a token walkout for five minutes against the Budget 2017-18.
- The lawmakers raised two points of order consuming five minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, June 16, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly session was prorogued after the House approved 43 Supplementary Demands for Grants on Friday, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, June 15, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 10 Supplementary Demands for Grants for financial year 2016-17 on Thursday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).…
ISLAMABAD, June 14, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Wednesday passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill, 2017 and approved 55 demands for grants, reports Free…