ISLAMABAD, February 12, 2018: The Senate on Monday adopted four condolence resolutions and held reference for PPPP Senator Haji Saif-ullah Khan Bangash who passed away on February, 1 2018, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the first sitting of 273rd session:
- The Senate met for 61 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1512 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman did not attend the sitting.
- Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was not present.
- As many as 16 (15%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 36 (35%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BNP-M, PkMAP, PML-N, ANP and JI attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by the Leader of the House, the Senate adopted four resolutions to express condolence on sad demises of Senator Haji Saif-ullah Khan Bangash, former Senators Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani, Abdul Majid Qazi and renowned lawyer Asma Jehangir.
Representation and Responsiveness
The House held reference for PPPP Senator Haji Saif-ullah Khan Bangash and 18 Senators paid tributes to him. They spoke for 38 minutes. .
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 16, 2018: The Senate was prorogued sine die on Friday after passing the Election (Amendment) Bill, 2018, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN)…
ISLAMABAD, November 15, 2018: The Chairman Senate, on Thursday, barred the Federal Minister for Information from attending the Upper House proceedings for rest of the ongoing…
ISLAMABAD, November 14, 2018: The Senate addressed most of its scheduled business on Wednesday amidst opposition’s walkout against remarks of Minister for Information, observes Free and…