ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2019: The Senate did not take up its regular business on Tuesday to discuss the Indian violation of Pakistani airspace, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the second sitting of 287th session:
- The House met for four hours and 28 minutes; however, the proceeding remained suspended for 20 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1530 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was not present.
- The Leader of House attended the sitting for four hours and 19 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 55 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- Twelve lawmakers (10%) were present at the outset and 19 (18%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PML-N, PPPP, MQM, ANP and JUI-F attended the sitting.
- Three out of four minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up its regular business.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as 25 lawmakers participated in the discussion on Indian violation of Pakistani airspace on Tuesday morning. The discussion continued for three hours and 51 minutes while Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs gave a statement on the issue.
- The House passed a motion to suspend the regular agenda and debate Indian intrusion in Pakistani territory. The motion was moved by the Leader of the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on March 1, 2019 (Friday) at 1030 hours.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh on Friday left ninety percent of its regular agenda unaddressed and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2019: The 14th session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab was prorogued on Friday amidst low attendance of lawmakers, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab transacted its entire agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election…