ISLAMABAD, July 17, 2017: The Senate adopted a condolence resolution on the sad demise of PML-N Senator Agha Shehbaz Khan Durrani, who breathed his last a couple of days ago, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 264th Senate session:
- The Senate met for two hours and one minute.
- The sitting started two minutes behind the scheduled time of 1600 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was absent.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire proceedings while the Leader of the Opposition remained in the House for 23 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-N, PPPP, MQM, PTI and JI attended the sitting.
- Twenty-two Senators (21% of the total membership) were present at the outset and 20 (19%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority Senators also attended the proceedings.
- Moved by the Leader of the House, the House adopted a resolution expressing grief and sorrow on the demise of Senator Agha Shehbaz Khan Durrani who died following cardiac arrest on June 25, 2017. As many as 31 Senators, including the Chairman, shared their condolences for an hour and 48 minutes.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2017: The Senate passed the Elections (Amendment) Bill, 2017 that seeks to insert a new clause in the Elections Act, 2017 regarding status…
ISLAMABAD, November 10, 2017: The Senate passed six legislative bills and adopted 16 resolutions during the 269th session that continued between October 23, 2017 and…
ISLAMABAD, November 10, 2017: The Chairman of the Senate announced prorogation of the 269th session on Friday without taking up the scheduled business due to…