ISLAMABAD, May 10, 2019: The Senate held discussion on an Adjournment Motion regarding recent increase in the prices of the petroleum products, observes the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 11th sitting of 288th session:
- The House met for two hours and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for two hours and 22 minutes.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 11 lawmakers (10%) were present at the outset and 16 (15%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JUI-F, ANP, JI, PTI, PPPP and BNP-M attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers were present.
- Convener Special Committee presented the interim report of the committee on a point of public importance regarding theft of precious antiques items from Peshawar Museum.
Representation and Responsiveness
- As many as four lawmakers participated in the discussion on an Adjournment Motion regarding recent increase in prices of petroleum products. They spoke on it for an hour and 15 minutes.
- The ministers replied to 11 out of 12 Starred Questions while the House referred four of these questions to the relevant committees. Moreover, one question was deferred and lawmakers asked 19 supplementary questions on questions answered in the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Chair adjourned the House to meet again on May 13, 2019 (Monday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2019: The 16th session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued sine die on Friday leaving most of the regular business unaddressed due to lack…
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan did not take up most of its regular business due to lack of quorum on Tuesday, observes…